Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
Facilities constructed using Public Education Capital Outlay (PECO) funds begin with approval by the University Board of Trustees of a prioritized project funding request known as the Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
Student life buildings, such as student unions, wellness centers, and recreational facilities are typically financed via user fees; whereas support facilities, such as residence halls, parking garages and utility infrastructure, as well as athletic facilities, are generally financed through debt issuance and donations.
The CIP is submitted annually to the State University System Board of Governors, where the proposed projects are evaluated utilizing a points-based prioritization process pursuant to Florida Statutes. The resulting list of capital project funding requests is then assessed by the Board’s Facilities Committee for adoption by the Board of Governors as the PECO Fixed Capital Outlay Legislative Funding Request for the upcoming Legislative Session.
Current Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
- UCF Amended Five-year Capital Improvement Plan 2024-25 through 2028-29, Board of Trustees Approved 6/29/2023
Prior CIPs and CIP Revisions may be found in the agendas of the UCF Board of Trustees Meetings on the following dates:
- 2023-24 CIP – BOT approved May 26, 2022
- 2022-23 CIP – BOT approved Jun 17, 2021 – superseded
- 2022-23 Amended CIP – BOT Approved June 30, 2021
- 2021-22 CIP – BOT approved Jun 18, 2020
- 2020-21 CIP – BOT approved Jul 18, 2019
- 2019-20 CIP – BOT approved Jul 19, 2018
- 2018-19 CIP – BOT approved Jul 20, 2017 – superseded
- 2018-2019 Amended CIP – BOT approved Oct 26, 2017
- 2017-18 CIP – BOT approved Jul 28, 2016
- 2016-17 CIP – BOT approved Jun 29, 2015 – superseded
- 2016-17 Amended CIP – BOT approved Jan 28, 2016